Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Essie Go Overboard Collection

Hey guys! Today I have Essie's Go Overboard collection for you. There are three colors in this collection and at first the only one that really stood out to me was the purple, Play Date. I ended up getting all of them and I'm really glad I did! I love them all. Essie has been really surprising me lately with their colors. Click the Read more button to see the swatches of each color!



Go Overboard Collection Bottles Shot


Play Date
Play Date

Play Date

Play Date is a beautiful purple. It's no wonder why this was my immediate favorite; I love purples! It's not really lilac-y like most of the purple's Essie has put out. It's darker and maybe a little dusty. I love it. This was two coats. I did find that three coats probably would have been better. Maybe it was just an application flaw, but I noticed some balding.

Armed & Ready
Armed and Ready

Armed and Ready

Armed & Ready is a greenish grey with gold shimmer throughout. The gold shimmer is very obvious in the bottle, but I noticed it was pretty dull unless in direct light. This color is very pretty, but not necessarily my cup of tea. I might have to wear it again to give it a fair shot though. This was also two coats.

Go Overboard
Go Overboard

Go Overboard

Go Overboard is the star of this collection. It's a gorgeous tealish blue. These are the colors Essie has been holding out on. It was so easy to apply and translated perfectly on the nail. It did dry a shade or two darker than the bottle, but that's okay with me. It's still very pretty. Again, two effortless coats.

Overall, I am very happy with this collection. Essie has been so good with going outside the box lately, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment