Monday, January 2, 2012

Zoya Haul Today!

Today I had the day off so I decided to go to Ulta and browse around. I found a couple of Zoya's on clearance so I picked up a few. My swatches below are of Pippa, Mitzi, Phoebe, and Dannii. I also got Ali, but my friend Ali from Florida is visiting and leaving tomorrow so I decided I would give it to her. I didn't want to swatch it because it's a gift and that's not very fairrr, but it looks like a nice hot pink in the bottle.

Pippa
Zoya Pippa
Pippa is a nice bright yellow. I don't normally wear yellows, but this one stood out to me. It was streaky at one coat, but smoothed out on the second coat. This photo is two coats of Pippa.

Mitzi
Zoya Mitzi
Mitzi was a part of the Mod Mattes collection Zoya came out with this summer. It's a vibrant lime green with a matte finish. I'm not used to wearing matte nail polish so I wasn't familiar with the application. I used three coats of Mitzi to get full coverage in the picture.

Phoebe
Zoya Pheobe
Phoebe is another color from Zoya's Mod Mattes collection. It's a bright blue that has a subtle shimmer in it. This made the matte a little harder for me to work with because the brush strokes are very obvious, but nevertheless I really like how bright it is and the matte finish is growing on me! This picture is 3 coats of Phoebe. Everytime I hear this name, I can't help but think of Phoebe from Friends which then makes me think of this little video clip:


Dannii
Zoya Danii Shade
Dannii is a beautiful purple shade from Zoya. This color has a gold shimmer in it which I loveee. I'm totally a sucker for purple nail polish, and this one has gold in it? You can't beat it. This is two coats of Dannii. I can't get enough of this color. Excuse the bald spot on my pinky, aparently I kept hitting my ring finger on it today lol.

I had a really hard time trying to take these pictures. I had to use my mom's camera, which is 6 years old, because I left my camera in my boyfriends car (whoops). This camera wanted to make every picture blurry and unclear. I'm sorry about the lack of quality, but these were really the only good pictures I had. I should (hopefully) be getting my camera back within a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment