Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Post! OPI Nicki Minaj

Hello everyone! I'm just gonna make this short and sweet and get to the stuff you actually care about: nail polish. I'm Kim from Connecticut. I'm starting this blog today as a part of my new year's resolution! I'm kicking it off with OPI's new Nicki Minaj Collection. It consists of five outrageous colors and a purple shatter. Here we go...

Did It On 'Em
Nicki Minaj Collection 2012
Here is Did It On 'Em. This is a bright green. A lot of people probably thought it was pretty similar to Who the Shrek Are You? from the Shrek collection from 2010. Its really not though, this color is brighter. The application was pretty flawless. I used two coats for this picture.

Did It On 'Em w/ Super Bass Shatter
Nicki Minaj Collection 2012 007
This is a coat of the Super Bass Shatter that came along with this collection over Did It On 'Em. I was pleasantly surprised with the color of this shatter even though I can say that I'm pretty over that whole nail trend. The purple you see in the bottle is a completely different purple you see on the nail, and once you add a good top coat it's even better!

Fly
Nicki Minaj Collection 2012 Fly
Fly is a bright teal/blue from this collection. It's easily my favorite out of the five. I had no idea how much I was going to like it until I saw it on. The formula on this was similar to Did It On 'Em. No problems at all.

Fly w/ Super Bass Shatter
Nicki Minaj Collection 2012 Fly w/ Super Bass Shatter
Let me just say that I love this combination! I think these two colors look so awesome together. I swatched this last, and I kept it on because I liked it so much. I really don't want to take it off, but I have to so I can put on my New Year's mani (pictures coming soon).

Metallic 4 Life
Nicki Minaj Collection Metallic 4 Life
Metallic 4 Life consists of silver hex glitter mixed with silver small glitter in a charcoal/black jelly-like base. This was the only color that I used 3 coats for, but most people could probably get away with 2. I didn't think I was going to like this color, but I do!

Metallic 4 Life
Nicki Minaj Collection 2012 M4L w/ Super Bass Shatter
This combination actually looks good. It does kind of look like Metallic 4 Life is covered a lot by the shatter and it doesn't stand out too much, but I liked it. I thought it looked interesting and kind of cool.

Pink Friday
Nicki Minaj Collection 2012 008
Pink Friday... well, I had to convince a lot of people about this color. Everyone says that OPI has a bunch of pinks that this looks too similar, but let me tell you it's really not. It's different. This color is opaque and easily a two coater. Most of OPI's pinks are sheer, and the ones that aren't are not this bubblegum shade of pink. In my opinion, it's worth getting.

Pink Friday w/ Super Bass Shatter
Nicki Minaj Collection 2012 011
Just like the other pictures, this is the shatter over Pink Friday.

Save Me
Nicki Minaj Collection Save Me
Save Me. Pictures do not do this beauty justice. This color is very flashy and looks awesome when the lights hit it. It consists of holographic bar glitter in a clear base mixed with small silver glitter. This color looks cool on it's own, but it will take a few coats if you are not a fan of VNL (visible nail line) like me. Otherwise, experiment by layering! The bar glitter might make it's way off the edge of the nail and can be annoying and scratchy. Just beware.

Save Me w/ Super Bass Shatter
Nicki Minaj Collection Save Me w/ Shatter
I was not a fan of this combination, and that's only because the shatter hides too much of the holographic bar glitter, but hey, to each his own, right?


Overall, I really liked this combination. I am in no way claiming to be a Nicki Minaj fan, in fact I know next to nothing about her, but these colors are pretty exciting! The only thing I didn't like was how OPI named the shatter 'Super Bass' instead of purple to follow the rest of the trend of shatter names, but I guess that just goes with the collection.

3 comments:

  1. Omg, you have gorgeous nails, why didn't you do the sooner!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one blog newbie to another - welcome to the world of nail blogging! And, I second Brie's comment, your nails are spectacular!

    (Ya know what's funny? Right now, 10% of your followers are men who wear polish!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe you are funny! Thanks for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete