Thursday, January 12, 2012

Finger Paints Special Effects Flakies!

Hey guys, sorry for being so absent lately. I actually got off track because I'm trying to build a nail polish rack. I'm working on it, but I don't see it being done anytime soon.

Anyway, I know I'm not the first to post about these beauties Finger Paints released, but I'm sure you guys aren't too tired of seeing pictures. I know I'm not. So this collection was exclusive to Sally's and I'm really not a Sally's shopper, so I definitely didn't think I was going to be able to get my hands on them, but I did! The lady acted like she didn't know what I was talking about, but then it must've clicked because she brought them out from the back room for me. Yay!

The pictures I have are each of the five flakies layered over OPI's Black Onyx (which is actually the only black polish I own: fun fact). I also decided to show you the pictures I took indoors because I found that they showed the flakiness much better than my pictures in the sunlight. Okay so less talking and more pictures, right?!

Flecked
Finger Paints Flecked

FP Flecked
Flecked is a bright green flake in a clear base. In these pictures you can see some blue at certain angles, but trust me it is definitely predominantly green. All I could think about is that it would be fun to play with this for a St. Patrick's Day mani. It also made me think of Halloween.. not too sure why, but it did. It was so bright and it stood out so much. Out of all of them, this one was the one that had the most flakes in a brush stroke.

Flashy
FP Flashy

FP Flashy
Flashy is a mix of orange flakes that turn yellow, green, and dare I say purple at some angles? Anyway, this is the kind of flakie we've seen before. I think it's pretty similar to Essie's new Shine of the Times flake from their Luxeffects collection. I haven't put them side to side, but I know that Essie's does have a lot more coverage than Finger Paints. That's okay though, this is still a beautyy.

FP Flashy Sunlight
This is a picture of Flashy in sunlight. See all the mix of colors and dimension you would have missed if I only put in sunlight pictures? The indoors/shade definitely makes the colors pop against the black polish.

Motley
FP Motley

FP Motley
Here is Motley. This flake has blue, teal, and aqua mixed in. It's kind of similar to Flecked, but 1) not as opaque, and 2) obviously more blue, not so much green.

Asylum
FP Asylum one coat
This is one coat of Asylum over black. It didn't stand out as much against the black as a one coater, so I decided to do another coat. This is the only one that I did this with.

FP Asylum two coats
Now that's much better. It stands out so much more with two coats, and I love it. This one just looks like Flashy, but with dark blue flake added. I can't wait to layer this over some colors to see the awesome effect I can get!

Twisted
FP Twisted

FP Twisted
This is Twisted, and it really just reminds me of a carnival, and then paint splatter all at the same time. Paint splatter at a carnival? I don't know, but it's fantastic. Such a great combination of colors that really stand out and just scream fun.

That's it! So yay for a collection of flakies and to my first Finger Paints I've ever bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment