Thursday, February 2, 2012

Claire's Magnetix Nail Polish

Hey everyone! This weekend I pretty much attacked Icing looking for those darn magnetic nail polishes everyone keeps talking about. It was so frustrating because they told me that they had them in back, but they weren't sure when they were going to put them out. I checked back everyday this weekend, and finally on Sunday they had still not put them out so there wasn't much I could do. My co-worker had the idea to see if Claire's had any since Icing and Claire's are basically the same store just for different age groups. What do you know, they had two colors left. I grabbed them both! So those are the swatches I have for you today. You'll see my review below.

Green Claire's Magnetix

Green Claire's Magnetix

This is the green polish I got from Claire's it comes with a straight line magnet. The magnet on these were pretty easy to use. They're similar to the ones Nails Inc. uses but they have two of those "stands" (?) to rest on your cuticle.

Pink Claire's Magnetix

Pink Claire's Magnetix

Here's the pink one that I have. This one comes with the wavy magnet. I really like this magnet, but as you can tell I didn't get it to show up that well. My pinky came out the best and that's probably because I did that one last. I think next time I try to use it I'll be able to get the technique down.

What I really like that I've found from the magnetic polishes is that the formula is very thick so you don't need more than 2 coats for it to cover your nail. That's really good, but also that means I have to be a little more careful when applying. I also thought the brush had a weird shape to it, but maybe that was just my bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment